zondag 29 december 2013

'Nothing but Good' blog





Nothing But Good. A blog where artists show that they stand in a tradition. Invited artists express their commitment to an inspiring, no longer living predecessor, because it is the art that continues to survive. Nothing But Good Should Be Said Of The Dead. A blog by Michael de Kok, René Korten and Reinoud van Vught.

My tribute goes to the Russian painter Kazimir Malevich (Kiev, 23 februari 1878 - Leningrad, 15 mei 1935). Malevitsj/Malevich was a painter, art theoretician and pioneer in geometric abstract art and one of the premium members of the Russian avant-garde. For me he was a painter that went through different periods of image making and he was not afraid of changing his painting methods and style. His work is not meant to be a nice picture only but there is a world of theory and ideology behind and I feel related to him in both ways. In Facebook terms I would say: I LIKE!

Geen opmerkingen: